Inspired by Derek Sivers.
Updated November 2022 from Columbia, SC
- To get my ACSM Personal Training and Precision Nutrition Level 1 Nutrition certifications
- To help other radio nerds upgrade their demos & job materials to ensure they stand out in a stack of emails and resumes
- Avenue 5
- The White Lotus
- Probably re-watching Insecure, or Bojack, or Curb
Here are a few of my all time favorites:
- Deviate by Beau Lotto
- Blink by Malcolm Gladwell
- Life After Death by Deepak Chopra
- Black Privilege by Charlamagne Tha God
- You Are Now Less Dumb
- The Time Ferriss Show
- St. Paul & The Broken Bones "The Alien Coast"
- Pusha T "It's Almost Dry"
- My workout playlist
- Hi there, yes, I've taken a break. I've gone back and forth on starting it back up, but until it's a "YES!" it will remain a "nah."
How I Got Here
Born and raised in South Jersey, I was going to school -- shout out to EKU, BCC, Greenville Tech, and Temple University -- for social work & psychology and I hated it. I had my quarter life crisis in '07 (in Greenville, SC) and after moving back to NJ, I realized that while I have no musical capabilities, I could actually work in a career that was surrounded by my biggest passion.
I started at Z889, landed my first Morning gig at Live 95.9 (MA, 2012), spent 4 years on Mornings with Eagle 97.7 (Delaware, 2013-2017), a year and a half at as APD/Midday jock on Q93.5 (Columbia, SC 2017-2018), was a Morning Co-Host on 93.1 The Wolf in Greensboro-Winston Salem, NC, and am now the PD for Fox 102.3 and ALT 99.7 (Alpha Media) in Columbia, SC.
Where I'm Headed
Well, that is exactly what I'm contemplating. I find myself looking for a career that is align with my personal beliefs: "fruitful and effective" rather than "booked and busy."
I am passionate about health and wellness. I am passionate about being intentional with my attention.
Also, maybe I'll write a book, see all the places, get that perfect body while still being able to eat Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Cheez-Its....
We can be social on social media...there's 8 billion people in the world, we may like each other.